Labels

Monday, July 18, 2011

New school

Finished my third day at a new school. So if I decide to stay, this will be my seventh school in seven consecutive years. Let's recount 'em:

  • 5th grade: Khuong Mai Primary School (Hanoi, Vietnam) (2005-2006)
  • 6th grade: Marie Curie Secondary School (Hanoi, Vietnam) (2006-2007)
  • 7th grade: Francis Junior High School (Washington, D.C., USA) (2007-2008)
  • 8th grade: Alice Deal Middle School (Washington, D.C., USA) (2008-2009)
  • 9th grade: Woodrow Wilson High School (Washington, D.C., USA) (2009-2010)
  • 10th grade: Doan Thi Diem High School (Hanoi, Vietnam) (2010-2011)
  • 11th grade: Dao Duy Tu High School (Hanoi, Vietnam) (????????)

I love my life and its constant irregularity (talk about oxymoron, huh?). I get to experience life under different perspectives, the way it's supposed to be perceived. A diamond's beauty is partially its many scintillating facets. The same can be said about life: Life is never as round as a pearl. (Of course, pearls aren't perfect spheres, but for the sake of this post, let us just assume.) And I truly am grateful for all the opportunities I was, am, and will be given.
But everything has its ups and downs. I meet lots people, but not many actually stick around for very long. Ever said "Keep in touch" but you got so caught up with your mundane quotidian activities that keeping in touch seemed like a privilege? Well, I have. And the feeling is not pretty, trust me, especially when getting to a new place means myriad things to catch up on.
So don't transfer, you might be thinking. Well, am I to blame for looking for something else since I'm not satisfied with what I have? A new school means no more AC, no more best-of-class, no more teachers' pet. But there's more to life than those ornamental accessories, right? I'll get to study my favorite subjects, full-time. Plus, no more expectations, no more keeping-an-image, and no more popular wannabes staring at my clothes judging.

Well, my verdict: transfer!
Now how do I get my transcript from my old school?

Now playing: This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race by Fall Out Boy

P.S.: The whole finding a better school thing only applies to this time. All my previous transfers were circumstances driven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweetie's world