Labels

Monday, July 11, 2011

K-pop


Following someone's advice, I've spent quite a few days looking into Korean music. It started with thumbtacks, went on to Cassiopeia, then DBSK, and the result: K-pop.
And I think I'm giving up.
Call it obstinacy if you want, whatever, but I just cannot take a liking to guys-dancing-in-skinny-jeans-and-singing-in-harmonized-voices music. Somewhere, hidden beneath the carbon-copied porcelain skin and smooth dance moves, is that gag-factor. After a few days of incessant exposure, well, now, whenever surfing through the channels, I stop for a while, just a tad, longer if stumble upon a Korean video. Maybe to see what is on, or maybe just to prove a point: I do give it a chance, but it just isn't worthy enough.
P.S.: This doesn't apply to videos without an elaborate choreography, which so far, I've only found 2. And 1 of those is, well, melancholy, too melancholy.

Now playing: On the Ride by Aly&AJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweetie's world